Employee Information Page
This page is just for you, we’ll build it out over time to include all things related to working at DaJen Eats. You are the heart and engine of this wonderful work we are doing and this will be your place to get support, ask questions, and get information on our policies and procedures.
Important Employee Information
DaJen Eats Café & Creamery
Basic Floor Rules
Clocking In/Clocking Out
- If you are running late, please call the restaurant and leave a voicemail if no answer. Repeated tardiness for shift is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- Clock in and out using the Homebase app on the POS.
- Unexcused absences are not allowed. (You may be subject to termination.)
- Schedule changes/time off must be requested at least 48 hours in advance via the Homebase app. Changes to your shift will only be approved if you get someone else to cover your shift. It is your responsibility to ensure your shift is covered. Changes are not approved until confirmed via the Homebase app.
- If you are scheduled to close the shift, break down and clean up must be completed no later than 30 mins past the scheduled time. Additional time must be approved by Jenn.
- You are allotted a 30-minute unpaid lunch break for each 6 hour shift worked, and 1 10-minute paid break for each 4 hours worked.
- Please ensure you take your 30 minute lunch break. You may not be reminded to do so during shift, but will not be paid for any lunch break not taken.
- Please ensure you are clocking out for each break and back in upon return.
- Be courteous. Please take your breaks during a slower period of your shift. DO NOT take your breaks within the first or last hour of your shift.
- Our uniform is black pants, unbranded black shirts, and unbranded red head attire.
- Closed-toed, non-skid shoes must be worn at all times while you are in the kitchen.
- Shirts/tops must have sleeves.
- Aprons, caps, hair nets, and gloves are provided for your use. Please ensure you are wearing your aprons, hair nets, and caps while in the kitchen. Wear gloves when appropriate. Discard of used gloves in the trash. Used aprons, towels/and caps are to be placed in the bucket to be laundered.
Cell Phone Usage
- Do NOT use your cell phone during your shift Feel free to use your cell phones and other electronic devices while on your breaks.
Free Meals and Discounts
- You are provided 1 meal per shift up to a value of $10.00. (This does not include Irie Cream or any dessert – for which a discount does not apply.) You are required to pay the difference for meals exceeding the $10 value. This meal must be consumed during one of your breaks or taken home. It must be entered in the Point of Sale, using the correct discount code to ensure proper tracking.
- Apart from your 1 complimentary $10 meal per shift, you must ring up and pay for items consumed before and after your shift at full value.
We are a friendly café and pride ourselves greatly in treating our clients as family and friends. You must always be polite and kind to our clients.
To ensure all stations are covered and food gets out in a timely manner, please be certain to work your stations and limit your interactions with clients unless you are taking orders. It is a very small kitchen, we cannot have everyone up front at once.
If there are any customer complaints, concerns or questions please notify the Customer Care Manager or Restaurant Manager.
Free Time & Cleaning
There is no such thing as free time in the kitchen. You are allotted a 30-minute unpaid lunch break for each 6 hour shift worked, and one 10-minute paid break for each 4 hours worked. Outside of these times, you must be working. If we have no orders to complete and all food preparation is done, please ensure you are doing one of the following:
- Cleaning/organizing a station.
- Bussing the tables.
- Keeping up with dishes in the dish room.
- Clearing the dish room.
- Labeling ice cream cups.
- Sweeping the floor.
- Taking out the trash.
- Cleaning/organizing the refrigerator
- Cleaning/organizing the pantry
or any tasks management suggests.
If all of these things are done and you still have free time, please ask Jenn or your shift lead what else can be done. If you have time to lean, you have time to clean.
Putting away food
We employ the FIFO (first in first out). To ensure this is properly done, make sure ALL food that has been put away is clearly labeled and dated. Put older foods at front and use first.
By signing this document, I (noted below as “Employee”) acknowledge receipt of this handbook which serves as a basic guideline for kitchen operations at DaJen Eats Café & Creamery. I acknowledge management reserves the right to adjust these guidelines as necessary, at which point I will be provided with a new copy to sign – which will then take precedence. I acknowledge that my failure to adhere to these guidelines can and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Bathroom needs to be cleaned every 3 hours.
THIS CONTRACT is made as of the ______day of__________________, 20__ , between Company Name DaJen Eats LLC, [the Employer] a corporation incorporated under the laws of FL and having its principal place of business at 323 E Kennedy Blvd Ste F, Eatonville, FL 32751, and
__________________________________________________ [Employee Name], of
__________________________________________________ [City, State], the Contract Employee.
WHEREAS the Employer desires to obtain the benefit of the services of the Employee, and the Employee desires to render such services on the terms and conditions set forth.
IN CONSIDERATION of the promises and other good and valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:
The Employee, referenced throughout as “Employee” agrees that they will at all times faithfully, industriously, and to the best of their skills, experience and talents, perform all of the duties required of the position. In carrying out these duties and responsibilities, the Employee shall comply with all Employer policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, both written and oral, as are announced by the Employer from time to time.
2. Position Title
As a ____________________________________, the Employee is required to perform all of their necessary job functions and duties, and all other duties that may be assigned to Employee from time to time by Employer. This is a full-time/part-time position.
As full compensation for all services provided, the Employee shall be paid at the rate of _______________ dollars ($__________) per [hour/annually] and will be subject to quarterly review. Such payments shall be subject to normal mandatory deductions by the Employer (i.e. Federal & State Taxes, Social Security, Medicare).
- Time Off
Please see the Basic Floor Rules Handbook for more information and for appropriate use/ policies regarding all time off and leave.
The Employer reserves the right to change or otherwise modify, in its sole discretion, any paid time off policies.
5. At Will Employment
While we look forward to a long and profitable relationship, you will be an at will employee of the Employer, which means the employment relationship can be terminated by either of us for any reason, at any time, with or without prior notice and with or without cause. Any statements or representations to the contrary (and, indeed, any statements contradicting any provision in this contract) should be regarded by you as ineffective.
The Employee may at any time terminate this contract and employment by giving not less than 14 days written notice to the Employer. The Employee agrees to return any and all property of the Employer at the time of termination.
5. Non-Competition Covenant & Confidentiality
As an Employee of the Employer, you will have access to certain confidential information of the Employer and you may, during the course of your employment, develop certain information or inventions that will be the property of the Employer. You may not disclose this information outside of the Company. We also wish to impress upon you that we do not want you to, and we hereby direct you not to, bring with you any confidential or proprietary material of any former employer or to violate any other obligations you may have to any former employer.
During the period that you render services to the Employer, you agree to not engage in any employment, business, or activity that is in any way competitive with the business or proposed business of the Employer. You will disclose to the Employer in writing any other gainful employment, business, or activity that you are currently associated with or participate in that competes with the Employer. You will not assist any other person or organization in competing with the Employer or in preparing to engage in competition with the business or proposed business of the Employer.
Furthermore, it is agreed that following termination of the employee’s employment with the Employer for any reason, the Employee shall not hire or attempt to hire any current employees of DaJen Eats LLC.
It is further acknowledged and agreed that following termination of the Employee’s employment with the Employer for any reason, the Employee shall not solicit business from current clients or clients who have retained the Employer during the prior 12 month period.
Employee Signature of Non Disclosure and Non Compete Clause
This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties, superseding in all respects any and all prior oral or written agreements or understandings pertaining to the employment of the Employee by the Employer and shall be amended or modified only by written instrument signed by both of the parties hereto.
7. Severability of Contract
The parties hereto agree that in the event any article or part thereof of this contract is held to be unenforceable or invalid, then said article or part shall be struck, and all remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
12. Choice of Law
This contract shall be governed, interpreted, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of FL.
If you decide to accept this Employment Contract, please sign in the space indicated. Your signature will acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Employer has caused this contract to be executed by its duly authorized officers and the Employee has agreed as of the date first above written.
SIGNED, SEALED, AND DELIVERED in the presence of:
Name of Employee Date